Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Intel's i9-7900X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just bought a new pc from Digital Storm with Intel's newest CPU the i9. Will I be able to emulate games at 4k? Here are my systems specs.

Processor: Intel Core i9-7900X (10-Core) Extreme Edition (Up to 4.30 GHz)
Motherboard: PRIME X299-DELUXE (Intel X299 Chipset) (Up to 4x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Graphics Card(s): 2x SLI Dual (GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB (NVIDIA Founders Edition) (VR Ready)
CPU Boost: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.4GHz (Depends on Cooling and Motherboard)

Thank you in advance for your responses!
Actually, you'd be able to emulate games at 4k on a computer that cost 1/4 of that - I'd suggest you return this PC asap, you are wasting cash.

Are you doing any editing work? What is your reasoning for getting the i9? A Ryzen 7 1800x would have been a far better choice.

EDIT: In games, the i9 7900x is even beaten by the 300$ i7 7700k. That's how bad it is.
I mean, yes. You can.

But if gaming is your goal, dunno why you're buying a workstation CPU.
(06-23-2017, 05:31 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, yes. You can.

But if gaming is your goal, dunno why you're buying a workstation CPU.

Gotta run 4 instances of dolphin somehow.
I can do that on my 4790k just fine tho
Also, AFAIK Dolphin doesn´t benefit from SLI or Crossfire.
I sincerely hope this computer was not purchased exclusively for dolphin.  Seriously a single GTX 1070 can push 8K+ gameplay in most games , and you have 2(!!!!!) 1080Ti's.  Not to mention buying into Intel's ridiculous X299 platform.  You'd be far better off with a Ryzen 7 or 7700k with a beefy cooling system and a serious overclock.  Now this is all assuming you aren't also working on this computer.
You could do Dolphin at 4K with a $400 PC, using a Pentium G4560 and a GTX 1060 3GB.