Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can the Mi notebook air 13.3 run dolphin 5.0 in 1080p?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

AndyAcuna

Hi!
I have been thinking about buy the Xiaomi Notebook air 13.3 but I wanna run gamecube/wii games on it!

The thing is, I do not know if the laptop has enough power to run games in 1080p and 30fps in mostly of games.

Here is the specs

Processor Intel ® Core ™ i5
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
RAM 8GB RAM

Can I run games on it?
It's a i5-6200U processor from what I've researched. It won't be bad, but if the thermal cooling solution is poor, then it will throttle the clock speeds when it gets too hot, making the games slow down. And in that form factor, I can almost guarantee that the thermal cooling is not great.
What's your budget for getting a new laptop?

AndyAcuna

(06-21-2017, 03:09 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]It's a i5-6200U processor from what I've researched. It won't be bad, but if the thermal cooling solution is poor, then it will throttle the clock speeds when it gets too hot, making the games slow down. And in that form factor, I can almost guarantee that the thermal cooling is not great.
What's your budget for getting a new laptop?

My budget is around $800
What is a good laptop for that price?

AndyAcuna

(06-21-2017, 05:58 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]This one is a good choice:
http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productde.../dncwf513s

Looks very good!

I'll think about and see a few other options but this Dell laptop is my favorite.

Thanks for your help!