Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Xenoblade chronicles locks up in valak mountains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jelmew

Hi all,

As the thread title mentions, Xenoblade chronicles locks up in valak mountains. This happens with an OpenGL background aswell as with DirectX100. The game has played fine up to the point where you go the the first secret area on valak area (with all the cloud special effects). I have Sync GPU thread enabled (the game would lock without it) and I'm running the latest dolphin dev build. 5.0-4441. Does anyone have an idea on how to clear this section?

Kind regards,
Jelmew
You can try enabling / disabling dual core. I'm assuming you meant you tried both OpenGL and Direct3D 11

jelmew

Yes, I ment openGl and Direct3D 11. The game still locks up almost instantly with both dual core settings as soon as I enter Valak Mountains (no problems outside Valak Mountains, literally none at all).
Unfortunately I don't own the game to test it out myself. This might be a bug in the Dolphin emulator. Unless someone else can confirm or has any other ideas

jelmew

More information, it happens at Night only in the Valak Mountains.

godwindx

(06-20-2017, 05:06 AM)jelmew Wrote: [ -> ]More information, it happens at Night only in the Valak Mountains.

Well,it's not only at Night on my 5.0-9569,because I can't even load the whole area (locks up at loading)
and according to wiki it happens with 5.0-4305 as well.