Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii to DS connectivity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh hey, nice to see this account still works after so long.

Does anybody know how Wii/DS connectivity works, and if any fancy features are in use? Is there any support in Dolphin?

I'm asking because DS to DS connectivity is starting to get somewhere after being stagnant for so long. I also saw Gamecube to GBA with Dolphin and mGBA or higan a while ago, so it would be cool to do the same with the Wii and DS Smile
AFAIK, no support in Dolphin, little to no research done at this point in time, at least no research I've publicly seen myself. It's been asked about before for years, but the situation hasn't changed since I've been here. Though with melonDS going somewhere, there's interest and incentive now. You'll obviously want to hop onto IRC and ping anyone familiar with how the Wii does any sort of WiFi communication.
Absolutely no support in Dolphin. We just implement enough of the IOS modules to return a virtual access point called "dolphin", but that's it. I'm not very familiar with the network code, but I think the WD module is the one that'd need the most work.

If you're interested, join #dolphin-dev on freenode Smile