Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will my computer work well @720p?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Intel Core i7-6700, 4 cores, 3.4 GHz with Windows 10 and 2GB Nvidia GeForce Dedicated GT 730 Graphics, with 16GB DDR4 Memory/RAM.

Will this be able to run Dolphin remotely well at lower settings on 720p or can I go higher/will I have to go lower?
if it is the GDDR5 2GB memory version of the GT 730 then probably for most games it should work and maybe on the easier ones it might be able to go a bit higher and on the more demanding ones you might have to go native.

if it is the DDR3 2GB version of that card then it is no where near the same performance and will porbably work with only a small portion of the games the other one would work with and there will be more games of lower demands that need to run at native.

The worst version of the GT 730 is a rebrand of a GT 430 gf108, but I think you are safe from that card since I think (emphasis on think) that is only in a 1GB variant (but with 3rd parties who knows).

The other 2 versions of that card are gk208 cards which are, the same as my GT 640, (Kepler architecture) just with one having 1/3 the memory bandwidth from the 64bit ddr3 memory used in it. I think (again) that this is what the 4GB trash gt 730 cards are based on but they might be the Fermi (gf108) models
Not sure what GT 730 card I have, but all I have is a vague description:
2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 730 Graphics
I assume it is DDR3, but hopefully it isn't.
Open the Nvidia control panel Select help then system information

The first tab should be display and under items should list your Graphics Card under details there is Dedicated Video memory. This will tell you exactly what you have. If you tell me that and the CUDA cores which is in the same area just near the top of the list I can tell you the exact version of the GT 730 you have.
Alright. I'll get to that as soon as I can, probably tomorrow.
Seems like I didn't get a gt 730..is this bad?
http://i.imgur.com/dCkRyb1.png
First off it is a Maxwell card gm107 like the GTX 750/ti (just with slower performance and 1/3 their memory performance). So for the simple answer yes it should handle quite a few games at 720p with mainly only the heavier ones giving you real issues and forcing you to drop down to native. Some of the lighter games you might even be able to go higher or add some small amounts of other enhancements (AA and the like).

No it is not bad, it is a better card then a gt 730... just not by as much as a GTX 750.
(06-17-2017, 10:43 AM)TKSilver Wrote: [ -> ]if it is the DDR3 2GB version of that card then it is no where near the same performance and will porbably work with only a small portion of the games the other one would work with and there will be more games of lower demands that need to run at native.

The worst version of the GT 730 is a rebrand of a GT 430 gf108, but I think you are safe from that card since I think (emphasis on think) that is only in a 1GB variant (but with 3rd parties who knows).

Err.. no. As a owner of two GF108 based cards (both the GT 440 and the GT 635M) I can say it works flawlessly with Dolphin at 1080p and no AA on most games, and the ones that it can't handle (e.g. on demanding ones like Super Mario Galaxy) you can drop to 720p and still get fullspeed...
(06-18-2017, 03:23 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Err.. no. As a owner of two GF108 based cards (both the GT 440 and the GT 635M) I can say it works flawlessly with Dolphin at 1080p and no AA on most games, and the ones that it can't handle (e.g. on demanding ones like Super Mario Galaxy) you can drop to 720p and still get fullspeed...

I don't have a Fermi based card so I was going off general performance between the cards and 

(06-04-2017, 10:51 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]The 1030 is a bit weaker than the 750ti.

I mean, not by much, but the 750ti was kind of baseline for 1080p performance in Dolphin. The GT 1030 might work fine for 1080p in Dolphin only, but I don't know enough about that GPU to really recommend it.

Using Helios's recommendation that the 750ti is the baseline for 1080p performance in Dolphin.  
Thanks guys. OpenGL w/ Smash Melee and Mario Kart Wii gives me constant 60fps (1080p), and Mario galaxy 60fps with DirectX 12 (1080p with minimal edited settings)