Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Menu and games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi!
So, I have a NAND backup and my Wii Menu is working. But I don't think that the games are recognizing the settings changes that I made to Internet Settings on Wii Menu. I'm trying to use a custom server to play with some friends (we are more than 4, so Netplay is not a option anymore). What can I do?
Dolphin doesn't support the internet settings. Either you modify your computers DNS to redirect everything, or you modify the ISO to point toward the custom server. If you're using Wiimmfi, there are some really easy to use tools.
(06-13-2017, 03:08 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin doesn't support the internet settings. Either you modify your computers DNS to redirect everything, or you modify the ISO to point toward the custom server.  If you're using Wiimmfi, there are some really easy to use tools.

Oh, I see. I was trying to use AltWFC, because it won't need to wait a whole week to play Mario Kart. There is any way in the future, that dolphin would support internet settings?
Services like AltWFC work by intercepting DNS requests and returning AltWFC server addresses instead of official Nintendo servers, when the game tries to connect to the online servers.

Dolphin uses the host networking to emulate IOS's networking services. Unfortunately, there is no way for Dolphin to ask the system to perform DNS lookups using a specific DNS server (that we'd get from the Wii settings). Patching the game image is the way to go for now.
Note that DNS redirection does work seamlessly for GC games, as you can configure the DNS settings for the emulated GC BBA (not that this applies to many games).
Yes. That's because networking is emulated in a completely different way, whereas we emulate network calls for the Wii.
(06-13-2017, 07:52 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Services like AltWFC work by intercepting DNS requests and returning AltWFC server addresses instead of official Nintendo servers, when the game tries to connect to the online servers.

Dolphin uses the host networking to emulate IOS's networking services. Unfortunately, there is no way for Dolphin to ask the system to perform DNS lookups using a specific DNS server (that we'd get from the Wii settings). Patching the game image is the way to go for now.

I patched the game image using the patcher that comes with the Wiimmfi zip. But still couldn't connect to the AltWFC.
Error code?
(06-17-2017, 05:05 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Error code?

20100 i believe.
How are you patching the game image? Could you post the commands you used?
Pages: 1 2