Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New PC whats a good cheep gpu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got a new to me (OptiPlex 7010 SFF, Intel i5-3570 3.4 ghz, 8gb ram) problem is it only has intel hd 2500 graphic.

I am considering getting the nividia 1030 2gb of gddr5. would this work good for the wii Mario kart and other games... I would be nice to have it run cemu as well but the wii and pcsx at least.

I have a Inspiron desktop i5-4440 3.1 ghz and 12 gb ram with a 750 ti and that does well .... I lagged on the cemu the last time I tried .. but with this being a sff or in need of a low profile card I am not sure what I need to get the same performance as the desktop.. any suggestion to make my decision easier would be appreciated.
The GT 1030 is roughly the equivalent of the GTX 750/ti. I would be weary of the PCI on the Dell board not being able to supply a GPU that gets power only from the PCI connection since some of them do not supply the specced amount of power and others just burn out trying. So if it works it should be fairly close in performance since the 3570 and the 4440 are close in performance as well.

I run Mario Kart Wii on a much less powerful gpu just fine at locked 60. (GT 640 1GB GDDR5)
The 1030 is a bit weaker than the 750ti.

I mean, not by much, but the 750ti was kind of baseline for 1080p performance in Dolphin. The GT 1030 might work fine for 1080p in Dolphin only, but I don't know enough about that GPU to really recommend it.
(06-04-2017, 10:51 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]The 1030 is a bit weaker than the 750ti.

I mean, not by much, but the 750ti was kind of baseline for 1080p performance in Dolphin. The GT 1030 might work fine for 1080p in Dolphin only, but I don't know enough about that GPU to really recommend it.

with 750 ti being the base line what kind of performance could I expect to get out of cemu if want to play around with it as well? any one with similar specs that might could weight in one how there rig is preforming real world?
(06-04-2017, 11:54 AM)smitchell6879 Wrote: [ -> ]with 750 ti being the base line what kind of performance could I expect to get out of cemu if want to play around with it as well? any one with similar specs that might could weight in one how there rig is preforming real world?

It looks like it should be fineĀ https://youtu.be/9S5Yr4D-QNA