Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: COULD I BEAT THE GAME WITH THIS...COMPUTER?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

scgadead98

Gud evening. Since i have been playing Xenoblade Chronicles on Dolphin 4.0.2(cos' i can't install the lastest vasion) for the last days whole the time i was wondering if i could beat the game. Until now everything was around 29-30 fps(and max sometimes 45) with few exceptions, i'm at the begining so that means i even left Colonia 9, since i know the game fields get more bigger and bigger i wanna know if i'll have troubles when i leave Colonia 9 Sad  Sad . Well here my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.60 GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4400
RAM: 4GB
VER: Dolphin 4.0.2

As you see i use the default settings of Dolphin, then i hope you enjoyed my bad english and more important you understood what i'm trying to say. So, thanks. Tongue  Tongue
You'll probably have issues. Instead, lets fix why you can't run the latest 5.0 dev builds. Whats the issue when you try and run it?

scgadead98

That bast*rd 0x0000007b problem, i tried some solutions spread over internet but anyone works...you said probably i'll have issues. Serious problems? or just ones i can forget(with that computer i have to forget lot of things in order to enjoy Big Grin )
Is that a blue screen code? Does it happen for 5.0 stable, 5.0 dev builds, or both?

I don't remember what Dolphin did to Xenoblade 3 and a half years ago anymore Tongue As per the forum rules, 4.0.2 is no longer supported, so.....

Your computer is actually really good on the CPU side, GPU not so much. But for Dolphin there shouldn't be an issue unless you overheat.
-Make sure you have the latest Intel GPU drivers
-Check your CPU/GPU temps while playing games, my recommendation is GPU-Z or something of the like
The 0x0000007b issue is a redistributable problem.

First thing is if you got windows 10 and did an in place upgrade (ie you did not reformat your drive and reinstall everything) then I would highly recomemd backing up the data you can not easily replace (ie not programs you can just reinstall from disk or download), things like pictures and files you made. Then do a fresh reinstall of windows 10. If you are having a lot of issues this might be the root cause, that or maybe malware which doing this can help as well.

Then make sure you go to microsofts website and pick up the C++ redistributable packages for both x64 and x86 sytems since older 32bit games need the 32bit dll files to work properly. I would recomend 2005/2008/2010/2012/2013/2015 visual c++ redistributables both the x86 and x64 versions to cover most games and programs. While you are there it never hurts to get the directx package since Windows 10 is missing a lot after a fresh install and it will save steam games having to do it for you (or other games/programs).

scgadead98

Then thanks you both. I'll see everything related to my GPU, and that windows stuff. So thanks again. I loved your support Wink