Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pikmin DSP HLE issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The wiki page of Pikmin on GameCube said there was audio issues with DSP HLE, but that they were fixed on a Dolphin 4.0-something version. When I launched the game I immediately noticed that the audio was off, and even some sound effects were missing, so I removed the "fixed" mark on the wiki page. DSP LLE emulation is perfect, but performance-wise Confused
I knew that it was taxing, but… Woof !
With HLE I'm at 450 % speed, with LLE I struggle to keep 100 %.
Isn't there anything to be done ?
Did you test this in a recent version of Dolphin? If so, which one? (We can't help with Ishiiruka)
Sorry I forgot to mention that I also tested on a recent version of the Master build.
The one I currently have is 5.0-3805.
Can you get a recording of the issue please?

Also, can you give us more information? What is the audio backend you are using? Are you running fullspeed? etc etc.
I spent an hour and a half doing the various recordings… I rarely do this so I had to follow some tutorials because MSI Afterburner didn't want to record the desktop.
When I got it to work I noticed that Dolphin's speed percentage and framerate count on the top of the window were frozen while recording, so I gave up on that and started to record fullscreen with Riva Tuner's framerate counter. And after everything was done, encoded and ready for upload, I saw it.

Well, the audio was set on LLE interpreter all along, instead of recompiler.
I don't understand. I mean I've played with this option many times in the past week, that means that every single time I switched to HLE, I put it back on LLE interpreter afterwards…
Goddammit Angry
I'm still waiting for my bitch slap guys. I need closure.
Can't help you. I can play the game with LLE at full speed with no problem. So the problem isn't coming from the emulator. I don't know why LLE is making your rig struggle so much & I can't reproduce the problem. I'm using the most recent DEV build, Dual Core enabled & the OpenGL backend
I can play at full speed too now, as I said I was on LLE interpreter instead of LLE recompiler, that's why it was hammering my CPU that hard.
I felt stupid for not seeing such an obvious mistake.
aaahhh...no prob. I just tried both the interpreter & recompiler & they both played fine for me. But at least you were able to get it sorted out Smile
It actually depends on the area. The Forest Navel was more demanding for example, and when the framerate really drops is when the Sheargrubs appear and when the Shearwig are in the air.
Pages: 1 2