Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Menu reboot loop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to load up Wii Menu 4.3U (downloaded with NUSD) on Dolphin, but when I load it, I just get the Wii Menu boot animation, then a black screen for about 10 seconds, then the boot animation again, rinse and repeat.

I installed the Wii Menu with the "Install WAD" feature, I'm using 5.0-3897, and of possible importance, I installed a custom channel with the same feature. The channel in question has been tested on a Wii and functions properly, but I'm wondering if this might be causing an issue with Dolphin? I also installed IOS80, obviously.

Thanks
Usually it's a corrupted NAND that causes that loop. Things are constantly being worked on and I don't know if any of the requirements have changed.
Corrupted NAND? I'm not even using a NAND dump. I'll try a different revision, I guess.
I decided to try the NAND dump from my Wii on the same revision, and it complained about missing SYSCONF entries. Disabling Panic Handlers fixed that, but now I'm just getting the same boot animation deal as before. I guess I have to try a different revision.
What revision should I try? I've never actually tried loading the (final) Wii Menu on Dolphin before so I'm not really sure what to do here.
If you are getting sysconf errors I would delete sysconf (somewhere under wii in your dolpihn user directory)
Not the point of the topic though. I'm still getting the boot animation problem either way.
(05-28-2017, 01:02 PM)Kelton2 Wrote: [ -> ]Not the point of the topic though. I'm still getting the boot animation problem either way.

Deleting it could allow you to see the next error message. Can you try in a portable installation?
Tried that, there's no other error messages. Just the boot loop.