Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Direct3D 12 crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Kendragon

I was playing around with some graphics settings and noticed the backend options and just tried out the experimental Direct3D 12 backend. When reaching a certain point in a mission of Sonic Unleashed for Wii, I noticed that not only Dolphin crashed, but apparently all graphics as the screen appeared frozen and the entire screen went black for a few seconds and came back on. I recorded a video of this phenomenon with OBS studio. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTnA9LkHN94 After recording the video, I noticed that there was another popup box that said that the AMD Radeon Host Application has stopped working as well. I tried to same mission on the same settings a few times with the same result in the same place. Switching to OpenGL and restarting the same mission, there was no crash.  Undecided
D3D 12 was very buggy & rarely updated. It has since been removed from the latest dev builds. So, bottom line, don't use it. Also a good idea to update to a recent Dev build