Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: True Crime - Streets of LA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently acquired this game and ripped it using my friends Wii (mine is still in Holland), I checked the MD5 and it seems to be correct if I check it on GameTDB: 25a21ec4733cbfdec08f5f6e3f51454c

But it seems that the intro movies don't play when starting the game. You can hear the sound and all, but the screen stays black with whatever back end or settings I try.
XFB Virtual or Real don't make a difference, same with Vulkan, D3D or OpenGL. Also different Hacks settings (ticks on or off) don't make any difference. And Native IR with any enhancements on or off also don't make any difference.

Haven't checked the logs yet though.... (will do so tonight, I just thought about it while making this post)

I can get perfectly in game when I skip all the movies I get to the menu and start from there and it works perfectly.

Anyone else have this issue with this game?

P.S. Also bought True Crime - New York which works perfectly (if that makes any difference)
Should I file a bugreport?
If you start the game with RealXFB, the videos will play. If you turn RealXFB on while it's running it won't work.
(05-28-2017, 12:45 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]If you start the game with RealXFB, the videos will play.  If you turn RealXFB on while it's running it won't work.

Tried that, but it doesn't Sad The game just stays black during the intro.
Are you sure you did it correctly? You went to graphic settings, went to Hacks and set External Frame Buffer to Real, then tried running the game? Doing that method, the intro plays fine for me. Using the OpenGL backend
Hmm, some people are only getting a black screen with vulkan and real xfb right now. Have you tried this with opengl, where you set Dolphin to use real xfb, before starting the game? Have you checked if your game ini is not doing something strange, like forcing virtual xfb?
Don't know what happened there... but it seems to work now on RealXFB... even in Vulkan. Thanks for all your support.