Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Melee won't run properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

asmcmaha

Super Smash Bros Melee tends to run around 40 fps on my computer. I don't know anything about computers and want to run this game.

Computer specs are:

Windows 10
x64
Processor AMD A4-6210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics, 1800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
4GB RAM

I'm pretty sure my computer is just too slow. What can I buy to allow me to play?

Thanks
Your computer is too slow to run anything in Dolphin.

Your CPU is what is important for emulation, and you pretty much have a bottom tier CPU.

asmcmaha

(05-24-2017, 01:52 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Your computer is too slow to run anything in Dolphin.

Your CPU is what is important for emulation, and you pretty much have a bottom tier CPU.

theres nothing i can buy for my computer to make it work? like a graphics card or processor or whatever
no. you need a new laptop or desktop
(05-24-2017, 03:22 PM)asmcmaha Wrote: [ -> ]theres nothing i can buy for my computer to make it work? like a graphics card or processor or whatever

You'd have to at least replace your Motherboard and CPU, and upgrading to a brand new one, RAM too. That's almost as exoensive as a new computer, and if you're not confident about taking your computer apart, replacing bits and plugging everything back again, it's a good way to end up with a broken computer. That's assuming your power supply is up to the task, which it may not be. So yeah, just buy a new one. It's easier.
They have a laptop, so that's not happening
(05-25-2017, 01:02 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]They have a laptop, so that's not happening

I didn't see a laptop mentioned, just 'computer'.
If it is a laptop, then yeah, that's simply not going to happen. Get a new one.
Edit: I did just check, and yeah, it's a notebook processor. You're right.
I just got confused because my brother has a desktop with an A6 APU in it.