Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my Computer good enough.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im wondering if my computer is good enough to run a few games. I've tried to run a couple and ive ran into low fps issues. For instance, Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex hardly runs, same with smash bros melee. Im wondering if its a computer issue that is giving me the issues, or if its something not related.

Intel I7, 4700MQ 2.4 GHz 4 Cores 8 Logical Processors Nvidia Geforce 750M
Melee should run fine. Perhaps your settings are wonky. Post screenshots of all tabs in the graphics panel.
Now it seems like the smash bros is running fun, just occasionally it will just occasionally lag when fighting . However my other games still lag alot. Def Jam Fight For New York. Crash, Twilight Princess unless. Going to post my settings
[attachment=15998][attachment=15999][attachment=16000]Smash Bros is working now, just laggy at times when fighting. Incoming Screenshots. I still lag in other games like Def Jam crash, twilight princess.
Okay first of all, don't open the graphics panel while games are running. It makes dolphin trip over a several year old bug where it will override all settings we set internally for games in Game INIs to make sure they run correctly. It's a hard bug to fix which requires an extensive rewrite so it hasn't been done yet.

Alright, those are reasonable settings. Heres what you can try

1. Make sure your system isn't overheating and pulling down CPU clock speeds. Set your power profile to high performance. Make sure your laptop is plugged in.

2. Switch graphics backend to either Vulkan (latest dev build only) or OpenGL. Since you're on Nvidia, OpenGL is very fast there.
I do not see Vulkan, I have software Renderer, Directx12/11 and OpenGL
Update to the latest development build for Vulkan. If you don't want to do that, OpenGL is fine.
I switched to OpenGL, and with Crash i still have about 10 FPS. Which i ffeel like i shoould have way more for my computer.
I don't know what to tell you then. It sounds like something is pulling your CPU or GPU down to low clock speeds.

You can try setting a program profile for dolphin.exe in nvidia control panel and having that program profile set to prefer maximum performance.
REMEMBER: The Geforce GT750M, is about as fast as a Geforce GT640 in desktop computers, which are quite slow.(It is the same chip/architecture GTK107 with the same amount of cuda cores, with the difference that the GT750M has slightly higher clockspeeds, GDDR5 and 2GB VRAM)

1. Update to the latest dev-build.
2. Make sure that your computer is in High Performance mode, not on balanced or (God forbid) Power safe mode.
3. Run Native (1x) IR instead of 2x IR
4. turn off V-sync...
Pages: 1 2