Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Issues with Gamecube memory card RAW files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do apologize if this has been answered a dozen times. I've searched all over and don't seem to find an answer to my issues.

I've been trying to get my Gamecube saves to work on Dolphin, but every time I load up the Raw file from my memory cards, it tells me they all need to get formatted.

Keep in mind, these are official memory cards from Nintendo and these save files work just fine on the Gamecube and Wii.

The game I'm mainly concerned about is Animal Crossing. I have a town save that I've had the hardest time transferring over. I've made new RAW files through Nintendont and have tried copying the saves from my memory card file to the brand new RAW file and Dolphin just closes.

I'm running Dolphin 5.0 on Windows 10 64 bit.  I still have my Wii softmodded and my original memory cards, if need be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Smile

Also to note, I have tried "Fix Checksums" and no change.
What about exporting the save files with GCMM?
I've done that. I'm not quite sure what to do afterwards. It left me with a bunch of gci files.
So I took the gci files and imported them onto a blank, raw card. I loaded it up and I'm still being told to format the card. I'm going to go ahead and format and try and move the save over after and see what happens.

In an effort to keep this from being bumped too much, I'll update here.

It seems as if every raw memory card has to be formatted before saves can work. No save file seems to stick around as the memory card always has no data on it when I check the Memory Card Manger. I don't seem to remember this problem before and I don't think I've changed any of my options in Dolphin that would affect that.
If you were able to get gci files you can select gci folder in dolphin's settings. (You may still have to let the game format before you replace though)
(05-24-2017, 09:35 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]If you were able to get gci files you can select gci folder in dolphin's settings. (You may still have to let the game format before you replace though)

I'm not sure what you're getting at.
(05-26-2017, 08:59 AM)Zazabar Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure what you're getting at.

I'm saying switch to gci folder in dolphin, let a game format it, then put the gci files in there.