Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Logo Usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

adamfur

Hello...

I live in Hawaii near the dolphins and would like to use the Dolphin Emulator logo on a simple calling card with only my name, phone and email....using the logo as a simple accent. Who would I contact for permission to use the logo, or is it necessary since this is an open source project?

Thanks for any advice....ADAM
It being open source doesn't mean it doesn't have a license. Dolphin and its assets is released under GPL v2. You should contact the project admins for this.

adamfur

(05-23-2017, 10:11 AM)Runo Wrote: [ -> ]It being open source doesn't mean it doesn't have a license. Dolphin and its assets is released under GPL v2. You should contact the project admins for this.

Thanks.  I could not find a link/contact for the Project Administrator.  Do you have one?

ADAM
Hi, the logo creator here!

Legally speaking, it doesn't really matter what I think, thanks to the CC-0 license. However, the logo is the logo for the Dolphin emulator, not your personal brand or anything else. I personally do not approve of this use.

If you wish to embellish your cards, there are LOTS of services and clipart and many other things available for that purpose! vistaprint is a great option, since you can customize and get free cards for signing up! But there's also moo.com, jukebox, gotprint, and more!

adamfur

(05-23-2017, 10:38 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, the logo creator here!

Legally speaking, it doesn't really matter what I think, thanks to the CC-0 license. However, the logo is the logo for the Dolphin emulator, not your personal brand or anything else. I personally do not approve of this use.

If you wish to embellish your cards, there are LOTS of services and clipart and many other things available for that purpose! vistaprint is a great option, since you can customize and get free cards for signing up! But there's also moo.com, jukebox, gotprint, and more!

Thanks....I have experience with copyright and trademark law.  That's why I'm asking permission to see if it was available for use prior to just using it.  No problem...I just really like the logo...very nice work!!

ADAM