Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Show the time? (Resolved)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jordbaermelk

EDIT: The following is a feature in Dolphin, as of at least 5.0-3834, but absent in 5.0 stable. 

I wasn't sure where to put this, so apologies if this isn't the right place. Project64 has a feature that allows you to have the current local time (not for the game, but the system time of your computer) displayed at the bottom of the screen. Some video games even support this feature naively, putting a small clock on a corner of your screen. Is there any way to do this in dolphin currently, and if not, does anyone know a way to get some sort of similar effect? Sometimes it can be easy to lose track of time in a game when it's in full screen, and I've found that having any easy way to instantly check the time helps a lot even when gauging how long certain in-game tasks are taking me on average.
This is not an implemented feature.

I recommend using an external program to do this. Or just play in Windowed mode.

Jordbaermelk

(05-23-2017, 05:51 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]This is not an implemented feature.

I recommend using an external program to do this. Or just play in Windowed mode.

Is there a proper channel to go through for suggesting features, and if so does Dolphin support any sort of bounty system where I could give money to have someone add this in? It really doesn't seem like much, but it really is a nice thing to have and I can't imagine it's too difficult. It would work very similar to the fps counter, just with the current local time and would better than having to lose screen real estate and frame rates to be able to see the system time. (As seen in the upright of the image below)

[Image: MekT1Vg.jpg]
you can submit a feature request here

https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org

And we have no bounty system. Money makes things messy in an OSS project not backed by a company Tongue

Jordbaermelk

Turns out, this actually is a feature in Dolphin, at least as of 5.0-3834. I was on 5.0 stable and didn't think such a feature would have been of interest to enough people for it to have been implemented in one of the developmental revisions. Editing post now to reflect that in case someone googles this.
(05-23-2017, 07:24 AM)Jordbaermelk Wrote: [ -> ]Turns out, this actually is a feature in Dolphin, at least as of 5.0-3834. I was on 5.0 stable and didn't think such a feature would have been of interest to enough people for it to have been implemented in one of the developmental revisions. Editing post now to reflect that in case someone googles this.

where does one turn this on?
Anyone can make a feature, that's the beauty of open source.
Yes, indeed there is an option that shows the time on top of the emulator output in the Movie menu, next to the TASing options.