Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't Pick Up Chao from Tiny Chao Garden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

AccidentalTea

I'm raising chao in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and I really want a gold chao and a silver chao. I know that there are gold and silver chao in Sonic Adventure DX and that I can transport them between games by using the Tiny Chao Garden in Sonic Advance. So I got VBA-M and set it up to connect with Dolphin locally. In Sonic Adventure DX, I was able to put a chao in but in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, I was not able to take it out.

I have checked the regions of the games, they're all USA.

I know that the connection works.

Is there any way to get a chao from Sonic Adventure DX into Sonic Adventure 2 Battle with dolphin?
So you transferred it to GBA, but can't get it from there to SA2B?

AccidentalTea

(05-22-2017, 11:19 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]So you transferred it to GBA, but can't get it from there to SA2B?

Yeah, when I go to the Chao Transporter in SA2B, and go to Pick-Up, it shows that the GBA is connected, but it doesn't show the chao even though it's in the tiny chao garden.
Are you able to transfer it back to SADX?

AccidentalTea

(05-22-2017, 09:32 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you able to transfer it back to SADX?

Yeah, I was able to pick-up the chao in SADX, but not in SA2B.

Tbh, I don't really care how I get the gold and silver chao at this point. If there were a way to take the chao's data and drop it into my save file without needing to get a new save entirely, I'd be fine with it.
(05-22-2017, 10:23 PM)AccidentalTea Wrote: [ -> ]If there were a way to take the chao's data and drop it into my save file without needing to get a new save entirely, I'd be fine with it.

I thought there was a way to do this, but I don't remember how (I've mostly played the PC versions).

AccidentalTea

(05-22-2017, 11:08 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought there was a way to do this, but I don't remember how (I've mostly played the PC versions).

Since I'm using Dolphin, I can't use Fusion's Chao Editor, but I have found a way to use Action Replay to get them. Thanks for your help anyway.

hackersmak

Using dolphin and vba-m as well, has anyone figured this out? If not can someone direct me to the AR codes for jewel chao? I've been trying to figure this out for the last couple days without much luck

Are you guys running on DSP LLE? Some games using the GBA-GCN Link Cable only works properly when Dolphin is using DSP LLE + ROM dumps from a real GC/Wii console...

hackersmak

(06-13-2017, 04:23 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Are you guys running on DSP LLE? Some games using the GBA-GCN Link Cable only works properly when Dolphin is using DSP LLE + ROM dumps from a real GC/Wii console...

I've tried both DSP LLE recompiler and DSP LLE interpreter, AFTER trying HLE but none will allow the vba-m to send things back into sa2b. I'm far less familiar with vba-m, so I used this to help me figure it out. If you're familiar with it at all, is there anything this is missing?
http://imgur.com/gallery/5pyIE
Pages: 1 2