Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Real XFB broken on Vulkan on some systems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I did a minor research and found nothing on this, which seems strange to me. I got back to using Dolphin again a couple weeks ago after a while, so I'm a little out of context.

I get a black screen when trying to enable real XFB on Vulkan backend. The game keeps running and sound is there but the video output is black. Virtual XFB works fine.

I tested it on three builds, one from last week, the other two from two weeks ago, I'll get the rev numbers later, but to me it looked like a recurring issue.
If someone can reproduce, I'll properly bysect it.

EDIT: Last revision I tested was 5.0-3617. Just confirmed it as working on OpenGL, black screen on Vulkan.
Are you running the latest Nvidia drivers?
Usually yes, I can check if there's an update, but I usually do so every other week. Why? Is this not reproduceable? O.o
I'm on 5.0.3788 and tried using REAL XFB with vulkan works fine. Have whatever the latest nvidia WHQL driver is...have titan x.

Btw why would you use it? Looks ugly @ original res...tried f zero and SC2 and they worked fine.
Some games need it to work properly. I have no idea why this is happening, since everything else work flawlessly, but meh. Seems not to matter what revision I use, and I am indeed running the latest drivers, but it's not that important, if it's not affecting others.

Thanks for testing it for me Tongue
Meh, I reinstalled my gfx drivers, works normally now o.O
What's weird is that I was already on the latest version, plus it only occurred on Vulkan, but every other thing I have that uses Vulkan worked perfectly, as did Dolphin while XFB was disabled.

Mods, please close.

EDIT: Not fixed actually, please don't close.
Seems like I screwed up, because after this it has never worked again under Vulkan. I was probably testing on OpenGL accidentally..
I have a gtx950 and reinstalled Nvidia video drivers a thousend times (even tried using DDU software to have a perfect clean uninstallation), but still get a black screen on Vulkan with Real XFB...
Yeah after I said that last night, I went back to my freshly installed driver and XFB wasn't working again. Either I screwed up big time and tested on the wrong backend, and it never worked on Vulkan which would mean this is a weird problem that doesn't affect everybody, or something is breaking some feature of the driver after some tries. I seriously am pretty pretty sure I tested it right, I'll try reinstalling the driver again later.
Nice to see I'm not the only one. My Windows install is somewhat fresh, from january, and aside from development stuff (SDKs, IDEs), I don't usually install weird shit.

EDIT: Wait aren't you that person whose issues nobody ever manages to reproduce? Damn it I've fallen into your limbo loool Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Yep and you're not the only one fallen into it: https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/10169   Rolleyes
(05-20-2017, 04:19 PM)Runo Wrote: [ -> ]Meh, I reinstalled my gfx drivers, works normally now o.O
What's weird is that I was already on the latest version, plus it only occurred on Vulkan, but every other thing I have that uses Vulkan worked perfectly, as did Dolphin while XFB was disabled.

Mods, please close.

Always do a CLEAN install, by completely removing the old one and then install the new one. The driver installer will also have a built in remove old driver option in custom install mode. Btw I'm on win 10 pro creators update or whatever the latest one is....I never any problems with dolphin to date for gfx apart from the well known ones. I have a dell laptop with 1050Ti and that too can comfortable do 1080p internal res with render res @ 1080p or even 4k- SC2 looks amazing...specially taki and her red outfit  Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4