Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Xenoblade Chronicles Freeze after a minute of booting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I've been trying my hardest to get Xenoblade Chronicles to work on Dolphin, but it just freezes about a minute or so after I've gotten to the title screen (when the background changes to scenes from the game). The music keeps playing, but the screen freezes completely. I have to force quit the game window to quit the game.

Is this a common issue? How do I make it go away? I am using the latest Dolphin Development build.

Thanks in advance,
- Henriko

Quote:Specs:
Intel i7-4790K
GTX 970 4GB
16Gb DDR3
256Gb SSD

Dolphin 5.0-3776

Backend: Direct3D 11
Scaled EFB-Copy
Store EFB Copies to Texture Only: Off
Skip EFB Access from CPU: Off
Ignore Format Changes: On

XFB: Disable
Fast Depth Calculation: On
Disable Bounding Box: On
Using Xenoblade HD Texture Pack (DDS)
Load Custom Textures: On
Prefetch Custom Textures: On
V-Sync: Off
Enable Cheats: Off
Have you checked the MD5 of the disc image? (Right-click on the game in Dolphin's game list, pick Properties, go to the Info tab, click the Compute button)
Furthermore, I see you are using the texture pack. Did you apply that draw distance patch to your ISO? It has the potential to cause those kinds of freezes without sync GPU enabled.
(05-20-2017, 03:33 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Have you checked the MD5 of the disc image? (Right-click on the game in Dolphin's game list, pick Properties, go to the Info tab, click the Compute button)

Here it is: 8a36c328e9f8caac6835fa1d41f4373e

(05-20-2017, 07:56 AM)Bighead Wrote: [ -> ]Furthermore, I see you are using the texture pack. Did you apply that draw distance patch to your ISO? It has the potential to cause those kinds of freezes without sync GPU enabled.

I am using the draw distance patch, yes. And yeah, I had not enabled GPU Sync. This was more than likely what caused the freezing, thanks!

EDIT: Still freezes at random, but only every 30-60 minutes.