Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gamecube Harry Potter 1 Chess Softlock?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, Forum.

I'm playing HP1 for the Gamecube.
and the game sort of softlocks in the chess part. I've tried different versions and I get the same result every time.
I've seen someone had the same problem, but it wasn't said what version fixed the issue and I cannot seem to find
help from the wiki site. Has anybody successfully played this game till the end? Because for me right now it seems unbeatable.

Don't know if it's a problem with the US version, haven't tried the EU - and save files isn't compatible.
Couple things I could think of:
-Does this happen in the latest dev build of Dolphin?
-Do you have the latest Windows updates installed/GPU drivers installed
-Are you using the Nvidia GPU
-Right-click the game in Dolphin's game browser, go to Properties, then go to the Info tab, and compute the MD5 sum. For the US NTSC-U version GHLE69, the MD5 should be
047000888da263ff4485a6756671204f
(05-17-2017, 05:53 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Couple things I could think of:
-Does this happen in the latest dev build of Dolphin?
-Do you have the latest Windows updates installed/GPU drivers installed
-Are you using the Nvidia GPU
-Right-click the game in Dolphin's game browser, go to Properties, then go to the Info tab, and compute the MD5 sum. For the US NTSC-U version GHLE69, the MD5 should be
047000888da263ff4485a6756671204f

- I tried out the latest dev build and it still has the same issue.
- My NVIDIA drivers are up to date.
- I'm using NVIDIA GPU.
- When I'm right clicking on the Dolphin executable file and go to properties, no such thing as "Info tab" shows up. On Windows 8.1 it says "Details", but I have no idea how to compute the sum. Might need a little help on this one.
Image providing might be needed if you're using a different OS.
No, don't right-click Dolphin. When you open Dolphin, it shows a list of your games; you want to right click the game from there and then go to properties, then the info tab, and there should be a field called "MD5 Checksum" and a box next to it that says "compute."
(05-17-2017, 08:49 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]No, don't right-click Dolphin. When you open Dolphin, it shows a list of your games; you want to right click the game from there and then go to properties, then the info tab, and there should be a field called "MD5 Checksum" and a box next to it that says "compute."

Thanks a lot. 
Yes, the MD5 Checksum matches.

I've tried downloading versions before 4.0-404 as suggested on the forum 3 years ago,
but still no luck. The game works flawlessly up to the chessboard challenge and even if it's right before the end of the game.
I don't have much to lose and I've completed it before, but it worries me if other people wants to give the game a try and having same issues.

I know the game shows a lot of physics when the chess pieces are destroyed. I'm willing to complete the game once more if the US version is broken,
if anybody thinks that might be the problem. Perhaps it's a laptop problem? I have a fairly decent gaming laptop and should be able to play it with no problems.
I'm uploading my savefile from the NTSC version. If anybody has the game lying around they can test it out. I have no idea if this works!

https://www.mediafire.com/?8riuy8dbnbzg3b3
I can investigate this... but don't you run into audio issues throughout the game? Have you tried single core instead of dualcore?
i had this problem too, i'm droped my texture pack project because this.
(05-17-2017, 11:47 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I can investigate this... but don't you run into audio issues throughout the game?  Have you tried single core instead of dualcore?

Yes, I ran into the usually audio issues with this game.
I just ran it with no sound effects. I don't know how I'm going to investigate the audio issues surrounding
the Harry Potter games. Yes, I have tried running it on a single core instead. Unfortunately no luck.
Yeah, the only thing is that a gamecrash is easier to investigate than the audio issues. It's possible this crash being solved will fix both. I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Instead of uploading the whole memcard, can you just export the correct GCI file with the memcard manager?
(05-18-2017, 09:52 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, the only thing is that a gamecrash is easier to investigate than the audio issues.  It's possible this crash being solved will fix both.  I'll see what I can do.

EDIT:  Instead of uploading the whole memcard, can you just export the correct GCI file with the memcard manager? 
I'm not really familiar with the program. 
If it ain't this file, hit me up and I try again. 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/u660vpubnr...potter.gci
Pages: 1 2