Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Luigi's Mansion weird text glitch at startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed a weird glitch with Luigi's Mansion. During the opening cut scene when you start a new game, Luigi's face kinda.... glitches out and deforms for a couple seconds and then fixes itself. I've tried running the game at all default graphic settings (640x480), OpenGL and anti-aliasing at none and anisotropic filtering at 1x but it still happens. Also during the first cut scene when Luigi enters the mansion and it pans around to the right side of the staircase, the right side flickers a little bit.

My current settings are the backend is Direct3D 12 with my GTX 1080, fullscreen resolution at 1920x1080, aspect ratio at 16:9, internal resolution at 3x native, anti-aliasing at 8x SSAA and anisotropic filtering at 16x. I also have VSync on with widescreen hacks disabled.

Any idea why this is happening?
Single core will fix Luigi's face. The glitch on the upstairs during the pan is actually something that happens on console!
To prevent other bugs you should probably be using the latest dev build and either OpenGL or Vulkan, as OpenGL on Nvidia cards is the fastest and most stable, with Vulkan being a close second, then D3D11/12. But D3D12 is currently not being maintained/getting bug fixes so its the least stable of all the backends.
(05-17-2017, 12:40 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]To prevent other bugs you should probably be using the latest dev build and either OpenGL or Vulkan, as OpenGL on Nvidia cards is the fastest and most stable, with Vulkan being a close second, then D3D11/12. But D3D12 is currently not being maintained/getting bug fixes so its the least stable of all the backends.

It happens on OpenGL as well
(05-16-2017, 08:19 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Single core will fix Luigi's face. The glitch on the upstairs during the pan is actually something that happens on console!

Single core? How would I do that? I'm not very familiar with that stuff.
Two ways you can do it. You can right click on the game, choose properties & make sure dual core is unchecked. Or go to Options, Configuration and disable it there
(05-17-2017, 03:03 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Two ways you can do it. You can right click on the game, choose properties & make sure dual core is unchecked. Or go to Options, Configuration and disable it there

Huh. That did the trick, thanks! Had no idea one simple setting involving if both the CPU and GPU run on different cores could change so much, and has nothing to do with the graphics (I thought it had something to do with upscaling from native to 3x native)