Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Nintendont in Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After getting a hold of a used wii a few months ago, I immdiately got to work homebrewing it so I could backup games on my own, run backups, etc (I'm actually using it as sort of a PC replacement right now, I'm typing this post on it Big Grin). Along the way, I learned about Nintendont, a piece of Wii Homebrew whose original goal was to run Gamecube software on the Wii Family Edition and the Wii U, which both lack native Gamecube compatibility. However, it has since gained a lot of new features, one of the biggest being Triforce compatibility. Can Nintendont be used to run Triforce games on the latest branches of Dolphin? I'd much prefer to have as few seperate versions of Dolphin installed as possible, and Nintendont could be a very convinient solution to that, if it works.

I'd test it on my own, but I don't have access to a PC that I can freely run software on right now.
IIRC most backup loaders don't work with dolphin. I doubt it would work around the issue even if it worked on GC games.
Dolphin probably has the capability to run the Triforce games, but you would have to get Nintendont to work first.
Dolphin used to support a very hacky version of "native" Triforce emulation, but the problem is that no developer had the knowledge or passion to continue working on it, so support for it has been dropped due to it being so incomplete and hacky.
If it uses Starlet on the Wii we can't emulate it without IOS-LLE or hacks.
Nintendont runs something on the ARM processor, so yeah, not going to work until Dolphin implements actual Starlet emulation (not just IOS HLE or even LLE).