Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mayflash Dolphin bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MamaKino

Evening everyone!

Just bought one of these and it's set to be shipped tomorrow, however  the link below has a wiki article has a graph that says the bar is unsupported. I looked around on here and found people were using it fine and others have issues. What's the general consensus on them?

if they aren't so good could i get some recommendations on a dongle and sensor bar? Thanks a lot!

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...assthrough
The Dolphin Bar doesn't work with Bluetooth passthrough but works fine if you aren't using Bluetooth passthrough.

MamaKino

(05-15-2017, 04:03 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The Dolphin Bar doesn't work with Bluetooth passthrough but works fine if you aren't using Bluetooth passthrough.

Will the lack of passthrough cause any issues? I'm not sure I understand what it does.
You will have issues with the Wii Remote speaker audio with some older models (and it doesn't even work consistently across platforms) and with extensions, which may not get detected properly. You may also have issues if you're using Windows about not being able to connect your remotes.

MamaKino

(05-16-2017, 04:40 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]You will have issues with the Wii Remote speaker audio with some older models (and it doesn't even work consistently across platforms) and with extensions, which may not get detected properly. You may also have issues if you're using Windows about not being able to connect your remotes.

Ah shucks. Alright, I'll look at getting a stick. I suppose I need to keep the sensor bar thought so i actually have one right?
(05-16-2017, 05:55 AM)MamaKino Wrote: [ -> ]Ah shucks. Alright, I'll look at getting a stick. I suppose I need to keep the sensor bar thought so i actually have one right?

Yes, you will need a sensor bar. But keep in mind that if you have an old hardware revision of the Dolphin Bar and a new firmware revision, it won't function as a sensor bar if no Wii Remotes are connected to it (the IR LEDs won't be turned on). If you already have bought it, try it and see if it works. If it works with no Wii Remotes connected, keeping it is probably the best option, but if it doesn't... Well, I suppose you'll have to buy a new sensor bar. Or you'll just have to use the Dolphin Bar for connecting Wii Remotes, without being able to use Bluetooth passthrough.

MamaKino

(05-16-2017, 06:37 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you will need a sensor bar. But keep in mind that if you have an old hardware revision of the Dolphin Bar and a new firmware revision, it won't function as a sensor bar if no Wii Remotes are connected to it (the IR LEDs won't be turned on). If you already have bought it, try it and see if it works. If it works with no Wii Remotes connected, keeping it is probably the best option, but if it doesn't... Well, I suppose you'll have to buy a new sensor bar. Or you'll just have to use the Dolphin Bar for connecting Wii Remotes, without being able to use Bluetooth passthrough.
Thanks for the help! One last thing however, Can you recommend a Bluetooth adapter? All the ones on that wiki page seem to lead nowhere. Thank you!
(05-16-2017, 07:47 AM)MamaKino Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the help! One last thing however, Can you recommend a Bluetooth adapter? All the ones on that wiki page seem to lead nowhere. Thank you!

If you can use the wii original BT from wiki http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-BLUETO...0860957466
and follow https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ho...c-usb-port
I just got one of these, and it's working great for me on Windows 10, with one caveat: it only works with genuine Wii Remotes. I have two knockoff Remotes, and they will not function with either plain Bluetooth or the DolphinBar. My understanding is that Bluetooth passthrough fixes this issue and works with basically all remotes that work with a real Wii.

Before I found that out desperation drove me to go buy the last genuine Remote from my local Best Buy, and voila, worked great with both DolphinBar and regular Bluetooth (using an Insignia BT adapter). I bet they'll never restock those now XD