Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will Dolphin Ever Connect to 'DS'?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My favourite game on the Wii is Geometry Wars Galaxies and my favourite way to play it is through Dolphin. Sadly, as everyone will know already, there's no way to connect the DS version of the game to unlock the Lambda levels.

Is this something that's even on the dev radar? I totally understand that, even if it is, it would be way down on the list of priorities...

I'm just curious (and vainly hopeful!). Smile
A problem with this is that it doesn't just require research and implementation on Dolphin's side, but also on the DS emulation side. And emulation of DS wireless communication is kind of infamous for not making much progress...
In the meantime, you could try to get a save file with those extra levels unlocked or try to find a Action Replay/Gecko Code that unlocks them...
Thanks for the replies. I didn't think to look for an AR code. I'll give that a try.
If you still have your Wii and DS around, you can copy your game save to the Wii, connect with the DS, unlock the levels, and then copy the Wii save back over
^
Will that work?

I'd have to go digging around in my Cupboard of Doom for my DS but I'd happily spend the day finding it if it meant I could unlock Lambda on my PC. In fact, thinking about it, I'll have a save on my Wii already.

Just as an FYI, I had a look around for an AR code but I'm either rubbish at Google-fu or there isn't one.
I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. Once you unlock the levels, just copy the Wii save file over to your computer.
Sorry to bug you guys again but I've hit a wall here.

I dug out my Wii, found the save file and backed it up to the SD card.

Now I can't find it on there! Sad

There are a ton of randomly named files from when I softmodded it years ago. I haven't clue what I'm looking for.

Any pointers?
All the save data is in /private/wii/. More specifically, the save data for each game is /private/wii/title/<game ID>/data.bin.
Thank you so much. I found the file, imported it into Dolphin and now I have my old Wii save with Lambda.

Again, thanks for your help folks. You've made an old man happy! Smile
Pages: 1 2