Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Trying to run Rogue Squadron 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, i've a Core i5 4460 3.2Ghz with the onboard video-card, i can run Rogue Squadron 2 perfectly at 60 fps, and any other game i've tested(F-Zero GX,Metroid Prime,etc...), but with this game it stays at 30-45 fps what can i do to improve this?
Nothing.

RS3 is one of the most demanding games to run in Dolphin and my haswell chips needed at least 4.0-4.2 ghz to maintain a consistent 60 fps in that game.
(05-14-2017, 01:59 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing.

RS3 is one of the most demanding games to run in Dolphin and my haswell chips needed at least 4.0-4.2 ghz to maintain a consistent 60 fps in that game.

Damn, i hope Team Dolphin improves the speed on this one really
Don't count on much.
Yeah, Rogue Squadron 3 is a beast. I think there's ~15 - 20% of performance gains we can get through optimization, but beyond that... that's it.

And even getting that 20% would take a ton of work that no one is currently able to do.
The thing is, i've seen a channel on Youtube where the guy have the same processor but a dedicated video-card, a GTX 750 TI, and from the levels that i've seen he runs it perfectly, you guys think that even at native resolution my INTEL HD 4600 is slowing down?
Oh, I didn't realize you had an HD 4600.

Yes, absolutely.

Rogue Squadron is a game that requires a little bit more than Intel HD graphics to run well.
Well, okay, you think a GTX 650 TI 1gb can handle it? i've to buy a new PSU for it...
Eh, maybe, but it isn't really worth getting that and a new PSU. That is a very old GPU and won't serve you very well.
It's because i already have the GPU, but can't put on my PC right now because the PSU only supports 220W