Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How would I go about creating a texture pack for MMX Collection.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mikey The Nerd

How can I make a texture pack for this game in question?
Since the game looks mostly sprite-based, I'd presume you'd just need a drawing/photomanipulation program like Photoshop or Gimp.

First of all, you can use Dolphin to dump the textures to replace (check "Dump Textures" on the Advanced tab of the Graphics option, then play the game to dump the textures as the game comes across them); on Windows you can find the dumped textures in your Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Dump\Textures\(six-letter code for the game) folder. After that, just put the textures in Photoshop for a reference, upscale the image, then either draw a cleaner, higher-res version that uses the original as a reference (which would work better for characters) or find free-to-use textures online to replace them (which works best in this context for image backgrounds). It's also possible to find a really good upscaling program, but that can result in a weird painted look and I don't know any programs off the top of my head.

There are a few downsides, though (although I'd presume the sprites would show up as textures, it's also possible they're something different entirely and wouldn't dump at all, plus redrawing every animation by hand would be a serious amount of work), but I'm pretty sure things like the HUD can be customized pretty easily.