Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need help getting sound effect files from Four Swords Adventures ISO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm trying to use the emulator to rip the Sword Beam sound effect from Zelda Four Swords Adventures but I'm having trouble finding the proper file. Usually it's pretty easy to find the music/sound effect file you want from the ISO but this time I can't seem to find any sound effect or music files at all. Can someone help me with this?

It actually doesn't even matter how I get the sound effect. It can even come from someone just recording gameplay and pulling out the effect. It just needs to be 100% clean which means no other music or sound effects playing at the same time. The reason I need the effect is because I'm making a Terraria mod that includes the Master Sword. I need the Sword Beam effect for the beam in my mod.

Thanks
(05-11-2017, 11:23 AM)RailgunZx Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I'm trying to use the emulator to rip the Sword Beam sound effect from Zelda Four Swords Adventures but I'm having trouble finding the proper file. Usually it's pretty easy to find the music/sound effect file you want from the ISO but this time I can't seem to find any sound effect or music files at all. Can someone help me with this?

It actually doesn't even matter how I get the sound effect. It can even come from someone just recording gameplay and pulling out the effect. It just needs to be 100% clean which means no other music or sound effects playing at the same time. The reason I need the effect is because I'm making a Terraria mod that includes the Master Sword. I need the Sword Beam effect for the beam in my mod.

Thanks

You know that using the sound is violating the copyright of Nintendo?
(05-11-2017, 03:40 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]You know that using the sound is violating the copyright of Nintendo?

Are you new to video games? Have you NEVER seen a mod for a game before? Mods are fan made projects that are released for free if they contain assets from other sources of media. No copyright violation here.
It doesn't work that way. You are absolutely violating copyrights by doing that and I don't think we should help you.

Also, mods have been shut down all the time for using content originally from the owner. It's just the nice owners that decide to send a C&D before taking any legal action. The ones that aren't nice will just sue you. Smile

Finally, "Are you new to video games"? lmao what a great way to get people to give a damn about helping you even if you were right
(05-12-2017, 01:15 AM)RailgunZx Wrote: [ -> ]Are you new to video games? Have you NEVER seen a mod for a game before? Mods are fan made projects that are released for free if they contain assets from other sources of media. No copyright violation here.

Not really I have been playing video games since I was four on a ZX Spectrum 48k, that is now almost 30 years ago. And for the rest what @Helios said.
(05-12-2017, 01:27 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't work that way. You are absolutely violating copyrights by doing that and I don't think we should help you.

Also, mods have been shut down all the time for using content originally from the owner. It's just the nice owners that decide to send a C&D before taking any legal action. The ones that aren't nice will just sue you. Smile

Finally, "Are you new to video games"? lmao what a great way to get people to give a damn about helping you even if you were right

The only mods Ive ever heard of getting shut down are the ones that make money off of them in some way. Calling complete BS on your claims. If you kids aren't going to help me then I'll just go somewhere else. Too bad I wasted my time with this sad forum.
(05-12-2017, 02:12 AM)RailgunZx Wrote: [ -> ]The only mods Ive ever heard of getting shut down are the ones that make money off of them in some way. Calling complete BS on your claims. If you kids aren't going to help me then I'll just go somewhere else. Too bad I wasted my time with this sad forum.

I am going to point out: the Super metroid (http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/08...emake_am2r), the Pokemon Uranium thing (https://www.polygon.com/2016/8/14/124726...n-nintendo)

and then I'm not even scratching it because Nintendo is taking down basically every video they don't like from youtube that has some sort of Nintendo IP going on.

That being said: I don't think anyone will miss your toxic behavior on this forum and have reported you to the mods.
(05-12-2017, 03:39 AM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to point out: the Super metroid (http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/08...emake_am2r), the Pokemon Uranium thing (https://www.polygon.com/2016/8/14/124726...n-nintendo)

and then I'm not even scratching it because Nintendo is taking down basically every video they don't like from youtube that has some sort of Nintendo IP going on.

That being said: I don't think anyone will miss your toxic behavior on this forum and have reported you to the mods.

LOL are you retarded? Looks like you are new to videogames after all. Reading too. I clearly said MOD. Those are GAMES being taken down.

"you've been reported to the mods" ahahahahaha there's that cute little "I'm reporting you so you better watch out!!!!" trick. Grow up. I don't actually care if I get reported or not since this forum isn't of any use to me anyway.
To clarify, it's legal, as fair use, as long as you own the game & are only using it for yourself. (Even though even this is a grey area). However, it's not legal if you distribute it to others...even if it's distributed for free. Some countries, allow it however. If you live in the USA, here is what it says...

United States:

"U.S. copyright law (Title 17 of the United States Code) generally says that making a copy of an original work, if conducted without the consent of the copyright owner, is infringement. The law makes no explicit grant or denial of a right to make a "personal use" copy of another's copyrighted content on one's own digital media and devices. For example, space shifting, by making a copy of a personally owned audio CD for transfer to an MP3 player for that person's personal use, is not explicitly allowed or forbidden.

Existing copyright statutes may apply to specific acts of personal copying, as determined in cases in the civil or criminal court systems, building up a body of case law. Consumer copyright infringement cases in this area, to date, have only focused on issues related to consumer rights and the applicability of the law to the sharing of ripped files, not to the act of ripping, per se."

I found this information when looking up laws for ripping music. Weather from CD's, DVD's or other media formats. So, as stated, no help will be given to you.
(05-12-2017, 04:59 AM)RailgunZx Wrote: [ -> ][...] I don't actually care if I get reported or not since this forum isn't of any use to me anyway.

Ok then, bye