Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Trying to make a cheap ITX build around my spare 760GT... ( 1080p / 60fps goal)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

mulletman13

Hey everyone,

I've toyed around with creating a dedicated dolphin machine; and since I just upgraded my graphics card in my main rig, suddenly I have a 760GT(X?) lying around.

I'd like to get a small ITX machine as quiet/silent as possible, so I doublt I'll be overclocking. I'm seeing a lot of things about the G4500/7th gen Pentiums around, and will likely just go with one of those-- but I'm scared it would be the main bottleneck.

I don't care for a whole lot of filters or anything on the games (Hell, I'm still unsure what the difference is between AA and Ansiotropic Filtering), but I'd like it scaled at 1080p and running 60fps on most games (mainly Mario Party series).

Any help or reassurance would be much appreciated!
The G4560 will run Dolphin's JIT perfectly.

Resolution depends on your GPU. A half decent GPU will also help with games that do weird EFB stuff, but don't worry about that.

Not all games will run at 60 FPS. They will run at whatever the game was designed for. Many many games were designed to run fullspeed at 30 FPS. Hacking that to run at 60 without doubling emulation speed is on users to figure out with AR or Gecko codes.