Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I Must be doing sth wrong...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

fabio90dehita

So a while ago, I downloaded this Emulator in order to play my GC/Wii games as I do not own those consoles anymore.

My first try was w/ Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, after changing some settings, it worked "perfectly", well, I have an Old Mac, so let's say "Playable" (around 45-50FPS even turning the graphics a little better, basically 2x on both Internal Resolution and Antisotropic Filter)

To this day, however, I'm having problems running every single game, I was able to run a Wii game at almost perfect speed, but now, I'm trying with TLOZ: Twilight Princess (GC version) and F-Zero GX and they both give me lots of trouble, performing below 20fps.

My computer is as follows:

iMac 27'' Late 2009
Processor: Intel Core i7-860 2.8GHz (4 cores, 8 threads)
RAM: 8GB 1067MHz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD4850 w/ 512MB of DDR3 memory

Atm, in order to fix my issue, I'm using all 3 Mac OSX versions of Dolphin (3.5, 4.0 and 5.0) so I'd be grateful if you help me fix it. Angel
I would delete cache and config. I don't remember where it is on mac, but if you right click a wii game, open save folder, and go up you can find it. Also mac drivers are bad, and could be limiting you. It would help to install windows/linux.