Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No DX12?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys, I got this card below, and it runs great on OpenGL, very fast. But I can't use DX12 (I got Windows 10 installed already) but the page does say it supports it. I downloaded the latest NVIDIA drivers and still no go. Also no Vulkan support, but the Wiki page tells that the 700 series supports it. BUT, I don't see the 730 in the list, just 710, 720 and jumps to 740... anyway, still runs great with OpenGL, even CEMU is running great.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a...6814127906

Thanks!
According to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_70....29_series Nvidia never exposed support for the 128 bit memory bus GT 730 which you probably have.

There's nothing you can do about this. Don't use Direct3D 12 anyways in Dolphin. It's unmaintained, buggy, and will be eventually dropped as soon as we reasonably can.
Indeed. Txs dude. OpenGL os working great. I'm glad I got this card. Before I was using a 210, piece of crap...
This is working great with my old i5 3Ghz, Nice. I'm really impressed. Even Cemu is running great. Also Wii games like Mario Galaxy and beyond good and evil. Running at 1.5 resolution as my TV can only hands 1024 x 768. But I'm good with that.
Well, you have what you have now. But please watch the video below: it has a lot of tips that will be really useful for the next time you are upgrading on a budget.

They also call it "96 Stream Processors" - so based on wikipedia, this is a GF108, so a relabeled GT 430. I'm sorry, but you are taken in by nvidia's marketing. There is no 700 series of their GPU, and everything you read about it shoud be called "kepler" or "maxwell v1". Bad luck, your GPU is two generations behind the GTX 750.

If you are able to return it, it's maybe worth to wait a few weeks for the nvidia 1030.
For reference, the GT 635M from my laptop is also a GF108, even though it's marketed as a 600 series GPU (which is supposed to have DX12/Vulkan). So, no DX12 nor Vulkan support, even through NVIDIA keeps listing all Fermi GPUs as DX12/Vulkan capable...
Even my GTX870m is just a rebranded GTX660TI with as only difference that it comes with 6GB's of Vram but at least mine supports Vulkan and DX12 profile DX11Smile