Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin.exe has stopped working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So Im currently using Dolpin 5.0 (x64) and it the program will crash after about 2 minutes, even if a ROM isnt loaded. Can anyone please help me with this?
Thank you Confused
Edit: here are my specs:
Intel GPU 15 7200u CPU @ 2.5Ghz
Directx12 video card
8GB RAM
Also, I couldnt run openGL so i had to switch to Direct 3D11 if that has any relevance. And my audio Backend is set to OpenAL
Try the latest Dolphin 5.0 dev build.
(05-06-2017, 03:20 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Try the latest Dolphin 5.0 dev build
Yeah im using dolphin 5.0, I just downloaded the latest one  (x64) last night :/
(05-06-2017, 03:56 AM)salooha Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah im using dolphin 5.0, I just downloaded the latest one  (x64) last night :/

Do you mean that you're using 5.0-3635, or are you using the stable 5.0 release?
(05-06-2017, 05:15 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean that you're using 5.0-3635, or are you using the stable 5.0 release?

Ohh sorry about that! Im using the 5.0 stable release, I'll give the 3635 a try, hopefully it solves it.
(05-06-2017, 05:56 AM)salooha Wrote: [ -> ]Ohh sorry about that! Im using the 5.0 stable release, I'll give the 3635 a try, hopefully it solves it.

Nice, so far it seems to be working without a crash (so far) but the audio seems a bit choppy and theres some lag that initially wasnt there. Do you think the OpenAL audio Backend could be the problem?
(05-06-2017, 06:05 AM)salooha Wrote: [ -> ]Nice, so far it seems to be working without a crash (so far) but the audio seems a bit choppy and theres some lag that initially wasnt there. Do you think the OpenAL audio Backend could be the problem?

If the OpenAL latency setting is set to a low value such as 2, you should increase it or switch to a different audio backend. This won't solve any audio stuttering caused by laggy emulation, though.
(05-06-2017, 06:35 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If the OpenAL latency setting is set to a low value such as 2, you should increase it or switch to a different audio backend. This won't solve any audio stuttering caused by laggy emulation, though.

Yeah that seems to have been the problem cause the latency was set on 2 but once it was at 4 it worked fine. Somehow the emulation worked when i did this too haha! Thanks man Big Grin
If you're using OpenAL for time stretching, the latest development builds have time stretching on all audio backends. Plus for Windows, XAudio is much more supported