Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Switching from Dolphin 4.0 to Dolphin 5.0 problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi:

I went from Dolphin 4.0-6068 to Dolphin 5.0 and it's introduced some problems I didn't experience before, namely audio crackling and some slight slow down.

I tried to match my settings from Dolphin 4 to Dolphin 5 (notable difference is in Graphics tab with Direct3D becoming Direct3d 11 or 12) but not matter how much I fiddle around with the settings I can't get rid of the audio crackling or slow down.

Here's what I'm working with:
Windows 10
Intel i7 6700k OC to 4.5ghz
Nvidia GTX 1080
16GB RAM

Any suggestions greatly appreciated,

thanks.
What games are you trying to run? What are your audio settings? Are the games running at full speed?
(05-05-2017, 05:04 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]What games are you trying to run?  What are your audio settings?  Are the games running at full speed?

Apologies for not providing enough information.

Mortal Kombat Deception for Game Cube has been my test game. It runs at fullspeed in Dolphin 4 but struggles in Dolphin 5.

Currently in audio tab for Dolphin 5 - Sound Settings - DSP Emulator Engine = DSP HLE emulation (fast)
Backend Settings - Audio Backend = OpenAL with Latency set at 2

In Dolphin 4 - Sound Settings - DSP Emulator Engine = DSP HLE emulation (fast)

Backend Settings - Audio Backend = XAudio2 with Latency set at 2

Graphics in Dolphin 5 set to Direct3D 11
Graphics in Dolphin 4 set to Direct3D

Tried a couple other games like Mario Kart Double Dash and noticed audio crackling that does not exist in Dolphin 4.
Have you tried running a dev version or 5.0 in portable mode? This will rule out any config related issue.
(05-05-2017, 05:34 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried running a dev version or 5.0 in portable mode? This will rule out any config related issue.

Hi leolam,

How does on run 5.0 in portable mode? I have a portable.txt file in the root directory.

I have Dolphin 4 and Dolphin 5 in separate folders.

Thanks
Try it with a dev build then, and put "portable.txt" there.
(05-05-2017, 05:54 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Try it with a dev build then, and put "portable.txt" there.

Ok I downloaded dev build 5.0-3627 and put portable.txt in its folder and ran Mortal Kombat Deception as my test game and it ran with no problems - no audio crackling or slow down. Does this mean I should wait for the next official update?
Does the dev build still run fullspeed without portable.txt? If it doesn't delete cache and config in documents. Also D3D11 is probably the worst backend for nvidia.
(05-05-2017, 11:33 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Does the dev build still run fullspeed without portable.txt? If it doesn't delete cache and config in documents. Also D3D11 is probably the worst backend for nvidia.

Yes, I deleted the portable txt file and the dev build still runs fullspeed. If not D3D11 then what would you recommend I select?
With your hardware, it doesn't matter what backend you run. You should be at full speed easily unless you have something weird in settings
Pages: 1 2