Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can my PC runs these games without lagging?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Unsung Hero J

These are my specs
AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB GAMING X Video Card
My operating system will be windows 7 64 bit or windows 10 64 bit

The games I will be playing are all the zelda and mario games for the wii along with the gamecube and maybe a few monster hunter games.
Should be fine as long as you don't run into any problems.

Unsung Hero J

(05-03-2017, 04:09 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Should be fine as long as you don't run into any problems.

What do you mean by problems?
AMD Ryzen CPUs have had weird performance issues in Dolphin and nobody is really sure why. It should theoretically perform fine. The rumor is that it should run fine if you have fast memory, keep your motherboard up to date with firmware, and keep your OS up to date.

AMD GPUs have very bad OpenGL performance, which is the default backend in Dolphin because it is the most mature, stable and accurate. You can resolve this by changing the graphics backend to either Vulkan or Direct3D 11. Both perform fine on AMD.
(05-03-2017, 04:51 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]AMD Ryzen CPUs have had weird performance issues in Dolphin and nobody is really sure why. It should theoretically perform fine. The rumor is that it should run fine if you have fast memory, keep your motherboard up to date with firmware, and keep your OS up to date.

AMD GPUs have very bad OpenGL performance, which is the default backend in Dolphin because it is the most mature, stable and accurate. You can resolve this by changing the graphics backend to either Vulkan or Direct3D 11. Both perform fine on AMD.

Is 2400 "fast" ram?

edit: also is 8 gigs of ddr4 enough?
(05-04-2017, 07:20 AM)alumni Wrote: [ -> ]Is 2400 "fast" ram?

edit: also is 8 gigs of ddr4 enough?

Ryzen processors absolutely love fast memory. I'd go with something along the lines of 3000MHz of DDR4, as Ryzen scales really well with high-bandwith memory.

Axs for the amount, 8GB is enough technically speaking. However, I'd personally go with 16GB of RAM. RAM is like potato chips, you can never have to much!