Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dedicated Emulator Build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ARTechnological

Hello. I'm currently interested in building a computer that can run Dolphin at 1080p. The games I'm trying to play are The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2. I'm also interested in running some of these games at 60fps using custom texture packs that I've found on the forums.

Here's the build that I've come up with so far.

Intel Pentium G4560
MSI H110 PRO MiniITX
Crucial 16GB DDR4-2133

Now for the graphics card, I'm trying to decide between reusing a GTX 670 from an old build or just buying a GTX 1050 later on down the road. Which would be better at trying to achieve my goals with this build? Is this build good enough for what I'm trying to do?

Advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Solid build.

A GTX 670 will be more than fine for Dolphin, but a GTX 1050 would be far more power efficient and would have longer driver support. It all depends on what's important to you.

Also, there is some stuff in the pipes to make texture packs take far less memory than they do now, but I haven't been paying too close attention on that. I just learned about it from the dev working on it yesterday.

ARTechnological

Thanks! Since I am trying to go for a low power system, I think I'll get a gtx 1050 but I have a quick question on vram. Would more vram matter since I'm only trying to emulate dolphin?
If you're using massive texture packs, somewhat, otherwise, nah.