Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Real wiimote doesn't work but wiimote shows up and works in input devices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

oliverselya

After purchasing a bluetooth chip for my computer, i was able to pair the wiimote with my computer with no major issues. The problem i am now encountering is that dolphin does not allow me to use my wiimote with the "real wiimote" option but it shows up in devices and can be configured to work with emulated wiimote. Has anyone else encountered this problem and knows of a solution?
Is it a first party wiimote? Do you have anything installed that lets you use a wiimote as a controller?

oliverselya

This is a first party wiimote that i kept from when i first got my Wii in 2009. I initially tried to play with the real wiimote option which ran into the problem above. I then installed HID Wiimote to try to work around that and use the wiimote to a limited extent. This shows that the problem lies not with the wiimote or dolphin detecting it but with something in the real wiimote option.
So if you uninstall HID wiimote it still doesn't work as a real wiimote?