Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "Dolphin.exe has stopped working"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

PkBeta

I just downloaded Dolphin v5.0 as well and tried opening Super Smash Bros Melee v1.02. It worked only once, and whenever I tried to open it in Dolphin again, it immediately stops working. I've tried searching for anything similar but I wasn't able to find anything that worked.

Melee is the only game I've tried on Dolphin so far, and its Game ID: GALE01 with its MD5 being: 0e63d4223b01d9aba596259dc155a174. I'm also using Windows 8.1 with Bing, with an Intel® Celeron® CPU 1017U @ 1.60GHz if that matters, with a 64-bit Operating system and x64-based processor. Its RAM is 4.00 GB.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing I've tried so far doesn't seem to work.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Also sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.
Try deleting the Cache folder in C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator. If that makes it work only once (or doesn't make it work at all), try switching graphics backend.

PkBeta

Deleting the Cashe folder only made it work once yet again, but switching the graphics backend from OpenGL to Direct3D 11 seemed to fix the constant crashing. Thanks a lot for your help!