Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Backend Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Im currently running the dolphin dev build from april 28th. I was trying out the vulkan backend etc and also noticed that some work was done on the core that allows some textures to display properly now! Here is my issue. If I run OpenGL the emulator seems fine but has that slight stutter even after it builds the shader cache. Totally playable though with no issues. If I use the DX11 backend the stuttering all but disappears but after a while the emulator start slowing down and I need to save state turn it off and then go right back into it and then it runs fine again for the same period of time. If this a memory leak with the emulator or something with dX? Is anyone else having this issue? My hardware is as follows: Core i5 3Ghz 8GB DDR4 Memory and 1050 ti. This slowdown occurred after about an hour playing mario party 4 and about 40 mins or so playing Galaxy 2.
(05-01-2017, 08:57 AM)Slottedpig Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

Im currently running the dolphin dev build from april 28th.  I was trying out the vulkan backend etc and also noticed that some work was done on the core that allows some textures to display properly now!  Here is my issue.  If I run OpenGL the emulator seems fine but has that slight stutter even after it builds the shader cache.  Totally playable though with no issues.  If I use the DX11 backend the stuttering all but disappears but after a while the emulator start slowing down and I need to save state turn it off and then go right back into it and then it runs fine again for the same period of time.  If this a memory leak with the emulator or something with dX? Is anyone else having this issue?  My hardware is as follows:  Core i5 3Ghz 8GB DDR4 Memory and 1050 ti.  This slowdown occurred after about an hour playing mario party 4 and about 40 mins or so playing Galaxy 2.
bump
Make sure you´re not overheating.
Also, don't bump everyday. It can take time for people to respond.
(05-03-2017, 07:19 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you´re not overheating.

Definetly not overheating...It only happens using the DX11 backend.  OpenGL and Vulkan are fine but I like the way DX11 runs with my system.
(05-04-2017, 06:31 AM)Slottedpig Wrote: [ -> ]Definetly not overheating...It only happens using the DX11 backend.  OpenGL and Vulkan are fine but I like the way DX11 runs with my system.

Correction, it is something with that build as all backends behave the same way...this doesn't happen with the official build. I will continue to test.
Try the latest dev build (as of now, 5.0-3625).

Also, you should delete the shader cache folder.
(05-04-2017, 10:06 PM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Try the latest dev build (as of now, 5.0-3625).

Also, you should delete the shader cache folder.

Yes did both of those and it is working normally now.  Thank you.