Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Rogue Leader - Dolphin 5.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Furabixa

Whats up! I'm having trouble to emulate the Rogue Leader in 60 fps in some parts of the game. When i'm just hanging around with the ship i get 60fps normaly, but when i destroy a tower on first mission, my fps drops to 40, even a 25 fps, with some weard mess on the sound, like a broken disc. Like, "Nice shoooooooooooooot", and than everything backs to normal. I read about a hack, freeze, i dont know, that might help.  It that a setting that can remove this frame drop. I'm playing with 3x native, 8X MSA and 16x ansi. I already try to retire the msa and the ansi, but never changes. Also, every other game runs perfectly fine. Sorry about my english. My computer spcs is below i think. The picture i get on the internet just for show you that exact situation. Its not my emulation.

Specs: Operating System: Windows
Processor/CPU: i5 4690 3.50GHZ
Video Card/GPU: MSI GTX 970
Memory/RAM: 8 GB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 5.0 X64

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Thanks!

QuiGonElwood

There is a Miles long RS2 thread already. But I am stuck at making the game perform myself so I reply here.

I begin to think that there is no
"Get this version, and that settings and everything else depends on your Computer" way to run EVERY Level, area and Cutscene on Rogue Leader (and other games) smoothly everytime you start the Emulator.

First things first:
If your FPS drops from 50/60, your game is slowing down Yep. It will also hack up the sound, becuase it is playing slower.

Second thing (in my simple understanding):
If you Blow something up, or creating any 3D visual for the first time playing, the Gamecube would have just displayed it without creating a thing called "Shader", just using its Hardware (or basicly a programm hardwired into some circuits).
A Modern PC creates a "Shader" to do the sam, that is basicly a little programm running. But since it takes time to create this shader between CPU and GPU thats what you experience in the game slowing down.

Inherit difference:
GC creates no shaders, PC has to.
Problem:
Shaders need to be created while the game is played, not beforehand (But there is a thing called Cache, wich will save some shaders to later use)

I really hope that all the guys that have the game running "without stuttering what so ever at 4k 16SSSAO 60FPS" would just share their settings to let the plebs try it out.
Also the Rogue Squadron games are notoriously difficult to emulate, as Factor 5 likes to use some really crazy hardware features of the GC that most sane people don't use. If you want more info, go read some of the old Dolphin blog posts.

But in general, using the latest dev build is preferable to the latest stable since it is faster and has less bugs.
You can use HLE audio in the latest development builds, at least.