Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 5.0 Is not responding (MAC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

sliver tempest

I have used Dolphin for a while and today I was changing around the source folder where it reads from and I think I messed up some internal settings. What happens is when ever I launch dolphin, the main window that displays all the games, fails to show up now. And my icon in my dock when i right click on it says "Application not Responding" and it will stay that way and won't move. I have to Force Quit the program to exit. I did some troubleshooting as far as uninstalling and reinstalling and downloading Dolphin 4.0 with the same results. The only thing that kind of worked is Dolphin 3.0, however it refused to recognize my controller.

what an I missing? It was running fine before. I would like for it to work properly again.
I don't remember where it is on Mac, but there is a folder with dolphin's saves and config. If you can find it backup it and start out by deleting cache and config.
Also, we don´t support 4.0-era builds. Update to Dolphin 5.0 at least.
(04-28-2017, 12:40 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, we don´t support 4.0-era builds. Update to Dolphin 5.0 at least.

He has, he was just trying older builds to see if they worked.

sliver tempest

(04-27-2017, 09:26 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]I don't remember where it is on Mac, but there is a folder with dolphin's saves and config. If you can find it backup it and start out by deleting cache and config.

I have also deleted all my saved game files too(yes I know). I think, when I did that, I deleted dolphins folder in the library. Is there another work around? or is my problem in the cache?

sliver tempest

I found the problem. So there is a file buried deep in the library called dolphin.ini I just needed to delete that file and restart the program and it worked. All you have to do is reconfigure you setting through the program.

maniyami

Hi, this is quite an old thread, but i hope to get any response from u guys
I have the same problem, i just cant find any file with the catche o called "dolphin.ini"

If i get any help i would be very very happy