Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Possible bug when using mouse cursor as Wii remote pointer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Electric-Gecko

I am using Dolphin Emulator 5.0 on Manjaro Linux, with the KDE Plasma desktop environment.  I have been using the mouse cursor to emulate the Wii remote pointer by mapping Xlib/0/Keyboard Mouse:Cursor Y- and the other cursor axis to the "IR".  I have the emulator configured to launch games in a separate window, and I usually play fullscreen.

I have noticed something interesting, which might be a bug.  It's that it uses the mouse cursors position relative to the Dolphin launcher/menu window.  This means that if I have the mouse cursor in the centre of the menu window, the in-game cursor will be at the centre.  The in-game pointer cursor will disappear if I move the mouse cursor too far off of the Dolphin menu window.

I feel like it was probably meant to use the mouse cursor position relative to the game window, and that's how I think it should be.  But was that the intention, or is this "bug" actually deliberate?

My workaround is to maximize the dolphin menu window and play the game in fullscreen.  Although the pointer isn't perfectly accurate, it's totally playable.  If I have it set to run the game in the same window, then it has good, but not perfect accuracy.  I still think it would be worth fixing this so that people don't run into trouble later on.  I was confused at first as to why the pointer wasn't behaving well when mapped to the mouse cursor, until I figured out how it works.
Yes, the position is supposed to be relative to the game window. I'm not sure what the reason is for the bug you're showing in the video.

In case nobody replies to this topic with a solution, I suggest you open an issue report at https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/projects/emulator
It's supposed to be relative to any Dolphin Window... this is just how it is right now. If you wanna change the behavior or petition for it to be changed, that's fine.

Electric-Gecko

I tested it on XFCE on the same computer, and there's the pointer has the same problem.

Is the same thing happening for other people? I would like to hear others say if it's happening for them to, and also include what operating system you're on.
Since I didn't mention, am using the x86 64-bit version of Manjaro, with the Dolphin Emulator installed from the Manjaro repositories.

(04-27-2017, 08:16 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It's supposed to be relative to any Dolphin Window... this is just how it is right now.
What do you mean by "any Dolphin Window"? It must be determined somehow which window is used.