Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low-Cost Build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

My mom would like to have a PC that can emulate GC/Wii games well. She wants to play these games:

Mario Party 4-8
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Fortune Street

The build is also intended for everyday use (Office, Internet) and it should be as cheap as possible.
Is this build going to emulate the above mentioned games well at 1080p?:

CPU: IntelĀ® Pentium G4560
Mainboard: ASRock H110M-ITX H110
Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti AERO ITX 4G OC
RAM: Crucial DIMM 8 GB DDR4-2133 Kit
Storage: Intenso 3813430 120 GB, Solid State Drive SATA 600
PSU: Seasonic SS-350ES Bulk
Case: Thermaltake Core V1
CPU cooler: Cryorig M9I or similar

Can I go cheaper on some parts? I'm not really satisfied with that price...
Probably save a few bucks by dropping the CPU cooler and going with the stock heatsink. You're not overclocking so it's fine. If your mom doesn't care about how the case looks, you can probably get a cheaper case. Again, you don't have high end parts so heat won't really be an issue.

If you go with an RX 460 for the GPU, it would also shave off more money, but I have no idea how well that GPU performs or if it's enough for Dolphin at 1080p.

But in any case, the CPU you listed will run Dolphin's JIT extremely well for most games in Dolphin.
I know that my 27" 2013 iMac can run some games at 1080p with a GTX 775M. But it's really borderline. And the said computer has a Haswell 3.8GHz i5, so...
(04-30-2017, 02:23 AM)StarTrekVoyager Wrote: [ -> ]I know that my 27" 2013 iMac can run some games at 1080p with a GTX 775M. But it's really borderline. And the said computer has a Haswell 3.8GHz i5, so...

3.8GHz Haswell can run almost anything... it is MACOSX that is holding it back.