Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Accessing the Wii Shopping Channel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just curious to ask, what requirements are needed in order to access the Wii Shopping Channel using the latest git versions of Dolphin?

As i've extracted my NAND, got the required cert files and keys.bin all in the Wii folder... although, i can't get onto the shop as it comes up with a error.
And the error would be....

(also, the version of Dolphin that you indicate you're using is no longer supported. You need to update to 5.0. That may require you to update to a 64 bit OS)
The Wii Shopping channel requires a lot of setting up. Dolphin is able to fully act as not only an emulated Wii... but your emulated Wii. If anything is setup incorrectly, the Wii Shop Channel will reject you. You also need to be on very recent master versions to ensure this works. If you still have a dump of the NAND in its base form, you can now import it in Dolphin directly, and Dolphin will place everythign in the correct folders on its own and even extract certs.
Completely disregarding the fact, that I'm using a outdated version of the emulator and my computer is out of date specification-wise...

I always try when i can to have the latest master version (as well as Tino's latest Ishiiruka build) on my external hard drive for when i go to a friend's house.

This is what my file directory looks like, based after using the guides on the main site:

[attachment=15911]

i did read somewhere, that apparently the keys.bin from the extracted NAND needs to be in the same directory (whether this is true or not, needs to be clarified properly). Also, SYSCONF has been replaced using the one that used to come included with the emulator.

EDIT: It's a shame that, i haven't got a screenshot from the emulator with the error that is displayed to help solve the problem.

The NAND is on system menu version 4.3E (European region)
I don't believe the EU wii shop works, it generally complains about a country change and doesn't let you in
EU shop definitely works when using an EU Wii dump; the person who developed the feature was in EU, and I tested the U.S. region, and a third party connected to the Japanese eshop.
well... here's what i get, when attempting to access the Wii Shopping Channel via Dolphin:

[attachment=15916] [attachment=15918]

is there anyway to get round this? as it constantly loops unless i go back to the Wii Menu.

EDIT: this version of Dolphin is being used on another computer, not my x86 one.

EDIT 2: Anyway, completely unrelated.. with regards to Wiimm's Custom Mario Kart Wii distributions, after playing one course... it will only let me choose from the default courses.
Usually on the strap screen it comes up with a blue screen, before continuing if that helps.

is there a fix for this or will it be added at some point?
About CTGP
"Another welcome surprise is that a bunch of romhacks should run better in Dolphin. Wiimm's Mario Kart Wii More Fun romhacks will load their track selection screen properly! To a degree, at least.

This is very, very lucky to be working at all. Because the hack doesn't clear the icache and instead relies on the PowerPC processor to handle icache eviction and flushing, it was thought to be impossible to emulate on Dolphin without huge performance penalties. But now Dolphin clears the icache on BAT changes. Unfortunately, users will need to return to the main menu between races. If you want this fixed... don't bother reporting it here. While Dolphin will eventually emulate instruction and data cache emulation, both combined will raise requirements for CPU emulation by 14x! For hardcore users and those seeking accuracy, this needs to be emulated, but for everyone else you really don't want a game you like to require accurate cache emulation."
Source https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/7288
ah, that's a shame... thanks for the information.

anyway... back to the issue at hand, again avoiding the obvious about my specifications... how to do i get around the error to get onto the wii shop?

I've prepared a fresh clean NAND (based off of my current one), so I'll be testing that tonight at my friends on his computer.
I had the same problem, just go to wii settings on real wii menú and change the country to the one it says.

BTW, I have many many crashes when launching shop cannel, and on many other channels, sometimes they launch'fine, other times dolphin just crash.

Also had to use dolphin nand utility to decompress the nand file. Other tools gave me error 32007 when connecting to shop or system update.

Using 4.3 eu.

Also some channels tells me that wont work cause I dont have wiiconnect enabled. I have it enabled. Maybe this channels doesnt work anymore? (news cannel, opinión channel)
Pages: 1 2