Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Trying to build the most budget station possible for wii at native resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

techtweaker

Maybe build isn't the right word for it, since I've been seriously eyeballing those off lease from business desktops that are constantly on craigslist and ebay. The one I've been looking at has an i5 3470 at 3.2ghz and 8gb of DDR3 along with Intel HD2500 graphics. I'm just trying to make a cheap box for someone who currently plays n64 games on the original console thru composite on a 60 inch 1080p screen so I'm not that concerned about pushing multiples of the resolution.

I know there are some games like SMG which have a much more demanding hardware requirement, but Ideally i'm shooting for full speed in local multiplayer games like smash and mario kart. If this hardware isn't enough for that, I'd love to hear a few suggestions as to how best to accomplish that for the least amount of money (located in US)! Thank you for welcoming me to your forum and I look forward to hearing from you guys Smile
That graphics card probably wont cut it. Splitscreen multiplayer IIRC is pretty hard, too. The easiest dolphin-only cheap builds are 7th gen Pentiums.