Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Locked Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was playing Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles and I got to Year 2: Goblin Wall.  I finished the dungeon boss and when the mail animal thing showed up, the game locked and popped up one of those [Abort, Retry, Ignore] dialogs which did nothing.   Sad  I was using build 5.0-3385 if that matters...
try using the 5.0-stable version. I think the freezing issue was introduced in later versions. On older versions it shouldn't freeze, but when you save your game after clearing goblin wall, it will save to a different file that you won't be able to load after restarting the game, so stick to savestates.
The bug was already reported a while ago, but none of the devs seems to care about it.
Dolphin 5.0 "stable" doesn't run on my computer anymore after a Windows update FYI

Also, the game doesn't get to the point of saving before it crashes...
(04-25-2017, 04:10 AM)Spamzilla Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin 5.0 "stable" doesn't run on my computer anymore after a Windows update FYI

Also, the game doesn't get to the point of saving before it crashes...

sorry for late reply. Try Ishiiruka stable version (744), I played through the whole game without crashes on this version. Only the savegame-glitch happened to me, which can be worked around with a hexeditor (I made a guide for that in the game discussion thread) or just using save states.
(05-01-2017, 09:03 PM)Nar Wrote: [ -> ]Try Ishiiruka stable version (744)

Can you provide a link to this?
(05-05-2017, 10:07 AM)Spamzilla Wrote: [ -> ]Can you provide a link to this?

here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7f78x2czhknfr...64.7z?dl=0
edit: here I made a short guide on how to fix your glitched savegame if you have saved after completing Goblin Cave in this version: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc...957?page=5
edit 2: this fix only works if you use a gci-folder instead of a memory card (Config → Gamecube → Slot A/B → GCI-Folder)