Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: i want the best config for my pc pls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

darksarazu

hi all! first sorry for my bad english lol..

when i play gc games its lagging for example; i play starfox the FPS is 50 but it have tiny lag..

so i just want the best config for my pc please Smile

my CPU; i7-860 2.8GHZ

GPU; Nvidia GTX 760

RAM; 8GB DDR3 1333 MHZ
(04-19-2017, 06:34 AM)darksarazu Wrote: [ -> ]hi all! first sorry for my bad english lol..

when i play gc games its lagging for example; i play starfox the FPS is 50 but it have tiny lag..

so i just want the best config for my pc please Smile

my CPU; i7-860 2.8GHZ

GPU; Nvidia GTX 760

RAM; 8GB DDR3 1333 MHZ

leave everything at the default settings (delete the dolphin directory from my documents or put an empty portable.txt in the folder where dolphin.exe is located). Also your CPU is quite old and might not be up to the task of emulating the game properly.

darksarazu

yeah but i had before an core2quad extrem QX9650 and i remember i can play the legend of zelda the wind waker with it in 1080p so i dont understand and okay thanks i will try it Smile
Wind waker is one of the most lightweight games to run in Dolphin, since not all games are equal in how much processing power they need.

Also, are you running the PAL version of Star Fox? If so, then 50 fps is normal. If you're running any of the NTSC versions, then you should get 60 (or 30) fps.

You can also try the latest dev build of Dolphin 5.0, as it should be faster than 5.0 stable.

Tomas

your cpu is pretty weak but i am sure that your gpu can handle 2x or 3x resolutions depending on the game. if the gtx 760 that you have supports vulkan than you can use the gpu texture decoding which uses the gpu for most of the work if your cpu is weak
(04-20-2017, 11:01 PM)Tomas Wrote: [ -> ]if the gtx 760 that you have supports vulkan than you can use the gpu texture decoding which uses the gpu for most of the work if your cpu is weak

Texture decoding is usually only a little of the work. Besides, Vulkan isn't required for GPU texture decoding, because it works in OpenGL too.