Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No sound in game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

CarWeeb

I'm just setting up dolphin on my new computer, so far all I have is gc twilight princess, but whenever I try to play the game it has no sound. I have reason to believe it is the client because I've checked the volume is turned on, tested all the audio settings amongst some other things like fullscreen and windowed, but it will play if I restart my computer and start the game immediately, however I've only tried to play after a restart once (tested twice), my game crashed within a minute and there was no sound next star, but it didn't seem to have any problems running. I'm not sure what on my computer could be interfering with dolphin, that would be odd, I haven't had any sound output problems, besides by the time dolphin can actually launch a game my computer is practically done loading everything after the restart.
Sounds like a bad game dump. Dolphin shouldn't crash like that; this game is pretty stable, even in Dual Core mode. Anyway, check the MD5 hash of your game dump. Just right-click Twilight Princess from Dolphin's game list, go to Properties -> Info -> Compute. Your hash should either be f9c47b0c8a34d345c06061f24e0db277 for PAL or 41deff9b1fd2831f48fbfa2dd1054e4d for the US version. If your hash doesn't match, you need to redump your game from the original disc, as your current file is corrupted.

CarWeeb

Well, I found out the no audio problem, my computer was for some reason switching the audio to dvi output, I have a dvi cable hooked up to trick my coax spdif to hdmi converter into thinking there is video input so it powers the hdmi output, what was switching it idk. I'll get some time to play today, so I'll see if there's any more crashes, if so I'll check that out. Thanks!