Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy 2 crashing on Intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Shadycrazyman

I just setup SMG2 got it running. I see the opening scene, FPS 60, Speed 100%. Everything seems fine. Mario comes out the pipe and I just do not move. I do this on purpose, as long as I do not move Mario the game will not crash. If I move Mario a few steps the game freezes, black screens, than dolphin crashes.
I did some testing. The game does not crash if I do not move, it does not crash if I do not move and collect star pieces.
I tried moving a little, not far enough to start the side scrolling effect. This does not crash the game. Frames still 60 speed 100. I can move with out scrolling and collect star pieces.

When Mario moves beyond whatever point starts the side scrolling of the scene the game crashes.

Not sure what info to provide so here is somethings.
Dolphin 5.0 | JIT64 DC | OpenGL | HLE | FPS:60 - VPS: 60 - 100%

Intel Core i7 - 4770 3.4 Ghz 16.0Gb ram MSI Radeon RX 480 DirectX 12 RX 480 GAMING X 8G 8

The game crashes 100% of the time when the scene starts scrolling.
Have you tried using a different video backend like D3D? Have you tried enabling / disabling dual core in the Dolphin configuration settings?

Shadycrazyman

(04-14-2017, 11:19 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using a different video backend like D3D?  Have you tried enabling / disabling dual core in the Dolphin configuration settings?

I changed to D3D and got a little further. I was just starting the first stage. Everything seemed fine but when I walked close to a sign the game crashed just like it had been doing. I will try to dual core to see if that gets farther. 

EDIT:

Turned off Dual core, still crashed at sign.
Avoided the sign and went on the other side of the map through the green pipe. This worked fine until it froze and crashed. Spat out the error below.

DX11::Renderer::AccessEFP failed in Render.cpp at line 431: Map staging buffer failed
Make sure your GPU drivers are up to date. Then see if this happens in the latest dev build of Dolphin. Then check your iso to see if you have a bad dump.

auraapex

(04-14-2017, 11:22 AM)Shadycrazyman Wrote: [ -> ]I changed to D3D and got a little further. I was just starting the first stage. Everything seemed fine but when I walked close to a sign the game crashed just like it had been doing. I will try to dual core to see if that gets farther. 

EDIT:

Turned off Dual core, still crashed at sign.
Avoided the sign and went on the other side of the map through the green pipe. This worked fine until it froze and crashed. Spat out the error below.

DX11::Renderer::AccessEFP failed in Render.cpp at line 431: Map staging buffer failed

how do i change to d3d? sorry im new 

auraapex

(04-15-2017, 12:43 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure your GPU drivers are up to date. Then see if this happens in the latest dev build of Dolphin. Then check your iso to see if you have a bad dump.

how do i check if i have a bad dump
Open up Dolphin, right-click the game from the game list and select Properties. On the next screen go to the Verify tab and hit the Verify Integrity button.

Please note our rules against necroposting. If you have an issue or any further questions about D3D or checking your dumps, please make a separate thread instead of reviving an old one like this.