Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do I back up saves on Dolphin 5.0?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Popiui

I recently had to factory reset my computer and i backed up the entire dolphin folder in a usb drive. when i got it onto the fresh slate i had to re download it due to a missing somethingorwhatnot which made my saves unusable. i found a thread from a while ago that said something about User/GC is where the saves where but it doesn't appear in my folder. Most likely because that thread was back in 4.0. I still have the old dolphin folder and everything in it on the usb atm so if someone could please tell me how to back up saves from 5.0 that would be appreciated.
The default user folder in 5.0 (and 4.0 I think?) Is documents, dolphin emulator. Can you get a screenshot of your backup?

Popiui

(04-10-2017, 12:59 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]The default user folder in 5.0 (and 4.0 I think?) Is documents, dolphin emulator. Can you get a screenshot of your backup?

[Image: Ynsk2R.jpg]
What's in the user folder?

If the save files aren't in the user folder and you didn't make a backup of the Dolphin Emulator folder in Documents, you have probably lost your save files.

Popiui

(04-10-2017, 02:24 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]What's in the user folder?

If the save files aren't in the user folder and you didn't make a backup of the Dolphin Emulator folder in Documents, you have probably lost your save files.

Memcard is in user. Whhere do i put it now?
(04-10-2017, 02:33 AM)Popiui Wrote: [ -> ]Memcard is in user. Whhere do i put it now?

Preferably in C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\GC, but anywhere works as long as you manually set the memory card path in the GC tab of Dolphin's settings window.
If you started a game and it saved something to a mem-card, you will have a new one in there... happened to me. Luckily I had a full back up of my harddrive Big Grin