Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Where does Dolphin save my recordings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I found a simple glitch in Super Mario Galaxy 2 that I want to see in full HD (using framedump) I tried just playing while framedumping but when I used savestates the video speed got messed up. I then thought that the best way of recording the clip was to pull it off while using the Start Recording Input then after I did the glitch I exited so I could save the recording. But no prompt came up so I just began looking through the Dolphin folders but I couldn't find any .dtm file. So where is this file?

Edit: I just tried again and without using savestates it asked me to save the .dtm file. When I use savestates it doesn't let me save. Why is this?
Save-states are know to do stupid things. Try the latest Dolphin 5.0 dev build to see if this solves the issue. If not, then you're going to have to use an in-game save to record.
(04-09-2017, 09:29 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Save-states are know to do stupid things. Try the latest Dolphin 5.0 dev build to see if this solves the issue. If not, then you're going to have to use an in-game save to record.

They should be working properly with dtm files (except for maybe causing desyncs) – that's what TASers do all the time.
(04-09-2017, 09:29 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Save-states are know to do stupid things. Try the latest Dolphin 5.0 dev build to see if this solves the issue. If not, then you're going to have to use an in-game save to record.

Ok, I am downloading the latest version right now. Thanks for the advice!
(04-09-2017, 05:29 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]They should be working properly with dtm files (except for maybe causing desyncs) – that's what TASers do all the time.

Most TASers use 4.0 which seems to be more stable for TASing
(04-09-2017, 06:49 PM)Incineratinq Wrote: [ -> ]Most TASers use 4.0 which seems to be more stable for TASing

4.0 (the stable release) is an absolutely terrible choice for TASing. Single core is broken on Windows (fixed in 4.0.1), which means you can't get DTMs to sync on Windows. It also lacks tons of important improvements like audio/video sync for dumping.

That isn't to say that the recent development builds are perfect for TASing, though. But I haven't heard of anyone not being able to save their DTMs. Maybe it gets stored in the same place as the savestate or something...? It's been a while since I looked at it.
(04-09-2017, 07:35 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]4.0 (the stable release) is an absolutely terrible choice for TASing. Single core is broken on Windows (fixed in 4.0.1), which means you can't get DTMs to sync on Windows. It also lacks tons of important improvements like audio/video sync for dumping.

That isn't to say that the recent development builds are perfect for TASing, though. But I haven't heard of anyone not being able to save their DTMs. Maybe it gets stored in the same place as the savestate or something...? It's been a while since I looked at it.

Well I've seen multiple people use versions below 5.0 (not necessarily 4.0 and I admit I haven't seen that used often) but I thought they were more reliable for TASing than 5.0
(04-09-2017, 08:15 PM)Incineratinq Wrote: [ -> ]Well I've seen multiple people use versions below 5.0 (not necessarily 4.0 and I admit I haven't seen that used often) but I thought they were more reliable for TASing than 5.0

The more recent of the 4.0 development builds aren't bad, but I don't know the specifics of what functions might be more or less reliable compared to 5.0.
(04-09-2017, 08:24 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The more recent of the 4.0 development builds aren't bad, but I don't know the specifics of what functions might be more or less reliable compared to 5.0.

Ok thanks for the advice guys, i will test tommorow because im busy today
Really the only reasons you wouldn't use the latest version are if something was merged that broke something you needed, or the more likely scenario: You're too lazy to update.
Pages: 1 2